Thursday, July 13, 2006

are you talkin' to me?

i've perfected the art of grocery shopping. i thought i should let you know, just in case you want to copy my swing.

before i get out of the car, i have inserted my earbuds in their proper places. then as i walk through the store, gathering items, i listen to the music of choice at a high enough decibal level as to not hear the conversations of anyone i pass. on the off chance someone speaks to me, i don't care because i can't hear him anyway. i am pretending that there are so many people around because i am at a concert. i know it's juvenile; but, it helps me keep my imagination sharp.

if i have 20 items or less, the experience is ideal because i can utelize the self-check option and leave the store without interacting with a single person. if i have alot of groceries, the theory breaks down a bit because i have to speak to the checker. even i am not rude enough to keep my ipod blaring during this transaction...but here's hoping.

going after 11:00 has great merit, too; but, there is a shortage of checkers available late-night, so i can get stuck in line too long if i can't check myself.

i have to go to the store tonight, so i better go upload something soothing onto my ipod.