Monday, March 06, 2006

"ingredients for life", my butt!

right now i have a problem with randalls. what in the world is wrong with this place?

when i need groceries, i choose heb to fulfill my shopping needs. convenience, semi-consistent marketing structure, and "low price champion" are all i'm looking for in a grocer. heb fills these criteria quite sufficiently. plus they are a texas-owned company.

today, i experienced my latest (and last) excursion to randalls. charlotte was in need of some items for her office, and i volunteered to go to randalls for her as randalls is just across the street. when i located the two items for which i was seeking, i noticed that they were overpriced in the way that one would expect to find in post-communist russia. then to really, tick me off; they offer a "remarkable" price for the people who shop in the store often enough to register with the randalls bureaucracy in order to receive a western-hemisphere-style price point (point in fact: the "remarkable price" was only remarkable in that it was super-inflated when compared to heb's prices for the same product.)

this is -in my opinion- a load of crap. look, you have a product; i need a product; just let me buy the thing without you gouging me all the way down lamar boulevard.

farewell, randalls. i hardly knew ye.