Friday, August 25, 2006

this is chuck reminding bill to SHUT UP! to SHUT UP! SHUT UP!


i had a visit from a client who reminded me how much i love silence. she was in the salon today, and didn't stop talking for the entire 90 minutes she was in my company. i do not exaggerate. in the few minutes i excused myself to consider downing our supply of drano, she called someone on her cell phone. then she stuck her blue tooth in her ear. my head began to hurt.

for most of my life i have enjoyed the lack of speech. to be sure, there are times when communication is needed and appreciated; but, i don't understand the need for constant talking. what do you think you have to say that is so important? wrong! it's not important, at all.

and small talk? i really would rather draw a warm bath and open up my wrists than listen to someone i don't know blather on about things about which i don't care. i usually make up a story about digestive problems so i can slink off to the restroom and privately bang my head against the wall.

i hope this doesn't make things awkward the next time we meet.